40 Freezer Slow Cooker Meals Part 2

    Sharing is caring!


    228sharesThat's right.I did 40 Freezer Meals.  I still can't believe it.  It was a LOT of food.  But I still am not having to cook dinner yet - and I love that part A LOT.  Have you done freezer meals before?  If not jump in and get on it.  It's a life saver.  I hate to say I'm a soccer mom, but I am.  And a basketball mom, and a math club mom, and a working mom and.you get it right?  Just not a lot of dinner prep time.  Freezer Meals are where it's at!

    It's intimidating and I get it.  Don't be scared.  Don't get overwhelmed.  You will yell at me as you're putting them together (I yelled at myself), but think of the absolute bliss of having 40 meals seriously 40 dinners (and maybe 40 lunches) in the freezer.  40.  yes I said 40.  You will be so happy.  You will not stress about dinner EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.  Your life will be amazing. Unlike our other Freezer Meal Collections - I am not telling you that it will take 4 hours (or 3 or 2 or whatever).  It took me about 5 hours to make this.  Still worth it, but not the 4 hours I was hoping.  I did have to brown meat this time, and I am SLOW SLOW SLOW.  hahaha - I take my time when doing things or I get really cranky.  My husband did help me on the last few meals because well he loves me!  I recommend doing this when 1 - you're alone so no distractions (I was not so lucky) or 2 - when you can beg your friend/mom/husband/wife to please hold open the freezer bag.  I've done Freezer Meals now with help and with none and both work.
    Write Remaining Ingredients (not to be frozen) on Freezer Bag

    Ok so tip time.


      • Use pre-minced garlic.  Yup fresh garlic is probably more tasty - but honestly you are freezing the garlic anyways. And garlic is in a lot of recipes so save some time!





    • Make the sauce in one bowl when doubling. Then use a measuring cup to put the same amount in each freezer bag



    • If the recipe calls for a can of this or that - just put that directly into the freezer bag - no need to mix until you're cooking it.



    • Don't sweat the small stuff! Seriously! Make sure you have a Sharpie and make any notes on the bag - i.e., label the bag with what it is. Run out of celery? Write it on the bag - needs celery. Want to serve it with rice? Write it on the bag so you know when you pull it out



    • Pull the bag you want to use the night before and let it semi-thaw in the refrigerator overnight. It will be thawed enough to get into the slow cooker and it will be great.



    • Going to be gone all day? Don't want to buy an expensive slow cooker with a timer? Use a light timer that the slow cooker plugs into. It's a great, cheaper alternative.



    • When making some of the soups?  I know on the instructions it says put all ingredients in the bag.I did not.  I always added the majority of the broth the Day of Cooking.  There wasn't always enough room for all the broth - I put some in - not all


    Like I said - don't stress.  It's food.  I ran out of corn - yes I the lady who put all of this together thought I had more corn in my house than I did.so I ran out.  DUH.  I just wrote "NEEDS CORN" on the bag and threw it in the freezer.  We survived. To help make it easier I put together a list of groceries you're going to need.  I will not put a price on it 1 - because I don't know because of course I went to different stores (I'm weird) and of course I bought other things and 2 - because prices vary so much on region.  Just know that you're saving money if you 1 - shop sales to stock up on meat 2 - you're not ordering pizza (AGAIN).
    Alright - here are the meals.  Everything is doubled so there are 20 meals x 2 to make 40.








































    I tried to make a good blend of different types of meats.  I get bored if I have chicken EVERY SINGLE NIGHT (although my husband would be so happy).

    This is important!  Here is the Link to the Grocery list (please let me know if there are any mistakes!)

    CLICK HERE FOR LIST

    The moral of this whole post - is DO IT!  You can do it!  You should make these meals and you should make them today!  Whether it's the holidays, being a sports mom, working overtime, working 2 jobs, school, or just you want to - these meals will save you time.  They will save you money.  And they are delicious!  I promise!!!!  Give me your feedback in the comments!
    Before I go.If you're not up for 40 meals (I get it I do) check out our other collections!

    7 Freezer Meals 20 Meals 30 Meals
    For more great slow cooker/freezer meal inspiration follow our Pinterest board:

    Follow Who Needs A Cape?'s board Freezer Meals, Slow Cooker & Crockpot Cooking on Pinterest.

    More from my site


    Related
    <!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2015/11/40-freezer-meals-part-2/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2015/11/40-freezer-meals-part-2/"dc:title="40 Freezer Slow Cooker Meals Part 2"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2015/11/40-freezer-meals-part-2/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->
    AYOUB
    writer and blogger, founder of Kitchen Paradise .

    Related Posts