Caramelized Banana Biscoff Pancakes

    Sharing is caring!


    10shares

    Caramelized Banana Biscoff Pancakes are a decadent but easy addition to weekend brunch. Loaded with delicious flavors, these are amazing!


    So this may actually be more of a dessert to some than breakfast, but I'd eat it for breakfast, no problemo! Back in the fall of 2012 I posted my Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake recipe, which is still a fabulous recipe for restaurant quality pancakes at home. But sometimes I don't have buttermilk or sour cream on hand, when that happens I use this recipe which involves curdling regular milk using vinegar, a long-forgotten trick our grandmas used. At first I was skeptical, the thought sounds awful . curdling milk eww, eww, eww. But it really does work and gives you the same outcome as buttermilk, so go ahead & try it.
    Now that we have the pancake portion covered, moving onto my Biscoff obsession, it hasn't gone away, not by any means.  You may have tried my Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cookies, and decided like myself that Biscoff is a treasure that needs to be utilized more often. Why not try it in pancake batter, I thought? Ta-da! Delicious Biscoffy pancakes! Next I amped it up just a tad more with some Caramelized Bananas & some Biscoff Drizzle. One might even choose to add some whipped cream if they dare . DO IT 🙂 !!!!
    Yield: 10 medium pancakes
    Biscoff Pancakes

    Ingredients

    • 3/4 cup milk
    • 2 T white vinegar
    • 1 cup flour
    • 2 T sugar
    • 1 t baking powder
    • 1/2 t baking soda
    • 1/2 t salt
    • 1 egg
    • 2 T butter, melted
    • 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread



    Instructions

    • Combine milk with vinegar and set aside to "curdle" approximately 5 minutes.
    • Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "curdled" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until most lumps are gone.
    • Stir in Biscoff Spread.
    • Heat a large non-stick skillet, spray with non-stick spray. Pour batter in pan when hot (I like to use an ice cream scoop for uniform sized pancakes), when bubbles appear at surface, flip with a spatula. Continue cooking until brown on other side.
    • Plate with Caramelized Bananas & Biscoff Drizzle.




    Caramelized Bananas

    Ingredients

    • 1 T butter
    • 1 large banana, sliced
    • 1 T brown sugar


    Instructions

    • In large non-stick pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. As soon as melted, add sliced banana and sprinkle with brown sugar.
    • Cook approximately 3 minutes on each side until golden brown & slightly mushy.




    Biscoff Drizzle

    Ingredients

    • 1/4 cup Biscoff Spread
    • 2 T milk


    Instructions

    • Place in microwave safe bowl, microwave 10 seconds or until Biscoff softens.
    • Stir well until incorporated.
    • Use spoon or fork to drizzle.




    More from my site


    Related
    <!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/08/carmelized-banana-biscoff-pancakes/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/08/carmelized-banana-biscoff-pancakes/"dc:title="Caramelized Banana Biscoff Pancakes"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/08/carmelized-banana-biscoff-pancakes/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->
    AYOUB
    writer and blogger, founder of Kitchen Paradise .

    Related Posts