0shares

3 Bean Salad is such a simple dish and extremely easy to make. I think it tastes great. I use it as a lunch item as I can take a jar in and eat it all week! Sometimes you just don't want to have the same old salad "healthy" lunch - I like to switch it up!
If you have a different bean preference you can surely substitute (I know many bean salads have wax beans in them - but it's my preference to not have them). Also, depending on the container you have them stored in - you may need more or less of the vinegar brine. You want the beans to be basically covered in the liquid so they absorb the good flavor. I liked using a mason jar because you can pack the beans in tightly and not need as much liquid to cover the beans.
If you like 3 Bean Salad and want some more ideas you should check out:
3 Bean Salad

Ingredients
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can green beans
- 4 C vinegar
- 1 C white sugar
Instructions
- Rinse all beans (while rinsing chick peas take the "shells" off) and mix together
- Combine vinegar and sugar slowly, while stirring to dissolve all the sugar into the vinegar
- Place beans in air tight container (I used mason jars) and cover with vinegar mixture
- Let sit in refrigerator for 24 hours before eating
- You may need more or less of the vinegar mixture to cover the beans at the ratio of 1 C vinegar to 1/4 C sugar

More from my site
Stuffed Avocados
Cucumber Salad
Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Tropical Grilled Chicken Salad
Jalapeno Cilantro Salad Dressing
Caprese Salad with Avocado
Related
<!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2015/02/3-bean-salad/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2015/02/3-bean-salad/"dc:title="3 Bean Salad"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2015/02/3-bean-salad/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->


