11shares
Arugula Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette is an easy salad to make as an entree or a side. Loaded with delicious crisp flavors.

I'm not always a huge veggie eater - I admit it! I like my broccoli dressed up, I detest green beans (gross), I like carrots with butter, I like wilted spinach in things. But, the one thing I can eat every single day is a salad. I love the different flavors you can come up with. But I struggle to make the most of my salads - meaning the most healthful ingredients you can get in a salad. It's one of the reasons I eat Spinach Salad or use a spring mix.
In the last few years I have discovered my love of arugula! Imagine my surprise (and delight) when I read that arugula is in the broccoli/cauliflower family and has MANY of the same health benefits! SCORE! So I have since then included it in many salads. This salad doesn't use any other greens and it tastes amazing.
The other "healthier" option I try to do for salads is make my own dressing. It doesn't happen every night (or even every week) but I feel it's so much healthier for you to use a dressing that you control the sugar and has no preservatives. Hope you enjoy it like I do
Yield: 1 salad. Dressing for 4 or more salads
Arugula Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette

Ingredients
- 3 C of arugula
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 5 red grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- juice of one lemon
Instructions
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar
- Add in oregano, oil, soy, basil and lemon juice
- Let dressing sit (stirring occasionally) for at least 2 hours
- Place arugula, tomatoes, cucumbers and onion in a large bowl
- Add dressing according to your taste and toss together
- Serve immediately

More from my site
Tortellini Caprese Salad
Easy Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad
Stuffed Avocados
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing
Jalapeno Cilantro Salad Dressing
Related
<!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/05/arugula-salad-with-red-wine-vinaigrette/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/05/arugula-salad-with-red-wine-vinaigrette/"dc:title="Arugula Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/05/arugula-salad-with-red-wine-vinaigrette/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->