Sharing is caring!


    0shares
    I love making cakes. But as it turns out I am the world's worst cake decorator. Seriously. I am way too impatient to make it perfect. I love pretty cakes, but apparently it's not my thing. I decided I wanted to make a spring/easter type cake. Big challenge for me. I came up with the idea of using dyed coconut and this is the result. You could also use some candy on top to make it an "Easter basket" type cake (pics below - and no laughing at my attempt to use my fancy cake decorating tools).
    All I did was this: I used Lori's recipe for a yellow cake and then I used my recipe for butter cream frosting. I do love myself some butter cream! I then used the DIY Dyed Coconut I made and spread it generously by hand on the sides of the cake.  The options with this are endless. You could cover the entire cake with the coconut and be done. You could attempt to pipe some extra frosting in a different color (I tried but it's not my best work I tell you). You could add the candy and have the Easter basket.  This cake, because of the dyed coconut, could be used for baby showers, wedding showers, spring parties, birthday parties, etc. You can make it however you want!
    Have fun with it!  Let me know of any ideas!
     

    More from my site


    Related
    <!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/03/spring-coconut-cake/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/03/spring-coconut-cake/"dc:title="Spring Coconut Cake"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/03/spring-coconut-cake/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->
    AYOUB
    writer and blogger, founder of Kitchen Paradise .

    Related Posts