Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew

    Sharing is caring!


    205shares

    As part of 40 Meals in 4 Hours, Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew is a wonderful meal delivered from the convenience of your slow cooker.


    This is another selection from our 40 Meals-4 Hour Crockpot Freezer Cooking post.  This one sounded so tempting, I had to make it.  I am serving it over brown rice with diced avocados, but it could easily be served with tortillas or  cornbread.  I made it extra spicy, since I knew the kids would not be eating it.


    Looking for other meals from the 40 Meals in 4 Hour Crockpot Freezer Meals post? Click HERE!






    Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew
    Adapted from: [Skinny Taste|http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/10/slow-cooker-pork-and-green-chile-stew.html]
    Ingredients

    • 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, fat chopped off
    • 2 T olive oil
    • 2 T all-purpose flour
    • 3/4 c chopped onion
    • 2 four ounce cans green chiles
    • 2 t chopped jalapeno (I did 3 to make it a bit more spicy)
    • 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (whichever heat you prefer)
    • ½ c chicken broth
    • 1 T cumin
    • ½ t garlic powder
    • Salt and pepper to taste




    Instructions

    • Cut pork into 2-inch pieces
    • In a skillet add the olive oil and heat then toss in the pork and brown on all sides
    • Add one tablespoon of flour at a time and cook a little between each one
    • Add the pork and the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot
    • Cook on high for 5-6 hours, if frozen 7-8 hours
    • ***If you are making it for a freezer meal skip the browning and just toss everything into your freezer bag.




    More from my site


    Related
    <!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/01/crockpot-green-chile-pork-stew/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/01/crockpot-green-chile-pork-stew/"dc:title="Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2013/01/crockpot-green-chile-pork-stew/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->
    AYOUB
    writer and blogger, founder of Kitchen Paradise .

    Related Posts