Slow Cooker Honey Citrus Pork Loin

    Sharing is caring!


    5shares

    This slow cooker Honey Citrus Pork Loin is a mouth-watering and delicious way to prepare a pork loin. Great for any holiday and family gathering.






    I told you I was crazy for honey right now, didn't I? Well my obsession has not dwindled. In fact I think I just need to get my own bee colony and become a honey farmer. I am only half joking .... I had planned on making this pork loin just like one I had pinned on Pinterest which was stuffed with apple slices. But when it came time to cook it .. I just wasn't in an apple mood. I started looking through the fridge and cupboards trying to come up with an alternative. We had one navel orange and the honey was calling my name.
    So I winged it and came up with Honey Citrus Pork Loin. I love when adventures have yummy endings. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!








    Some tasty side dishes:














    Yield: 6 servings
    Honey Citrus Glazed Pork Loin
    Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 6 hours
    Ingredients

    • 1 4-5 lb pork loin
    • 1/2 cup orange juice
    • 2 T brown sugar
    • 2 T honey
    • 1 t Thyme, dried
    • 1/2 t garlic powder
    • Salt & Pepper


    Instructions

    • Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork loin in slow cooker, with large fork poke holes all over top.
    • In small bowl combine: orange juice, brown sugar, honey, Thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over pork loin.
    • Put lid on and cook on low 6 hours.
    • Remove pork loin and allow to rest on platter 5 minutes prior to serving.
    • If desired spoon sauce over sliced pork loin.


    Notes
    To oven roast: Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork loin in baking dish. In small bowl combine: orange juice, brown sugar, honey, Thyme, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2-2.5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145° degrees. Allow pork loin to rest 5 minutes prior to slicing. If desired spoon sauce over sliced pork loin.


    More from my site


    Related
    <!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2014/04/honey-citrus-glazed-pork-loin/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2014/04/honey-citrus-glazed-pork-loin/"dc:title="Slow Cooker Honey Citrus Pork Loin"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2014/04/honey-citrus-glazed-pork-loin/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->
    AYOUB
    writer and blogger, founder of Kitchen Paradise .

    Related Posts