Slow Cooker Sweet Barbecue Pulled Pork

    Sharing is caring!


    15shares
    Slow Cooker Sweet Barbecue Pulled Pork makes a delicious dinner - whether eating it on sandwiches or using it in a salad - give it a try, you'll love it!

    Pulled pork in the slow cooker has been done - I know 😉  We've even done it a few ways.  I think why I love it is pulling that pork gives the meat a chance to soak up all that extra flavor - it always comes out SO GOOD.  So anytime I'm making a sauce that's delicious I love having it on pulled meat.
    Sweet Barbecue Pulled Pork is my first attempt at using root beer in a recipe.  I knew it could be done - and heard it was delicious.  I can't lie - they were right - SO GOOD.  Honestly, even if you don't like root beer you should like this - by the time it's done cooking it just adds the right amount of sweet!  Give it a try!
    I served this the first night as sandwiches, the leftovers were also used on a salad (another reason pulled meat is so good). You could use Slow Cooker Sweet Barbecue Pulled Pork in quesadillas, on its own, or even in a soup (Hey I have to try that!). There are a lot of ways to use pulled pork and when it's a totally yummy recipe like this? You're going to find all kinds of ways to eat it.
    As an FYI - this is the perfect soccer mom dinner - or in my case swim mom dinner. It's so easy to get into the slow cooker and then it's done and delish when you get home. Have a busy week coming up? Definitely, plan on making Slow Cooker Sweet Barbecue Pulled Pork.makes your life so easy to have a great dinner waiting at home for you!

    Need some more Soccer mom Dinners??? I have some really yummy ideas for you!


    Crock Pot Chicken Tacos





    Slow Cooker Meatballs





    Slow Cooker Shredded Caesar Chicken

    Sweet Barbecue Pulled Pork

    Ingredients

    • 3-5 pounds of boneless pork loin
    • 2 C root beer
    • 1 (12 ounces) bottle of chili sauce
    • 1/4 C vinegar
    • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
    • 4 cloves of garlic - minced
    • 1 red onion - chopped


    Instructions

    • Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
    • Place meat in slow cooker
    • Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over meat
    • Cook on low for 7-8 hours
    • Pull pork and place back in slow cooker for 1/2 - 1 hour
    • If using as a freezer meal put pork into gallon size bag (may have to cut in 2 - and that's ok) mix remaining ingredients and pour into bag. Freeze.




    More from my site


    Related
    <!--<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="https://whoneedsacape.com/2014/08/sweet-barbecue-pulled-pork/"dc:identifier="https://whoneedsacape.com/2014/08/sweet-barbecue-pulled-pork/"dc:title="Slow Cooker Sweet Barbecue Pulled Pork"trackback:ping="https://whoneedsacape.com/2014/08/sweet-barbecue-pulled-pork/trackback/" /></rdf:RDF>-->
    AYOUB
    writer and blogger, founder of Kitchen Paradise .

    Related Posts